Friday, May 09, 2014

Relic

Relic: Oil on 18" x 24" wrapped canvas $550

For those that watched this in development, you know that I have been a in a slump and the only way I know to get past it is to just work through it, I started this with so much self doubt and indecisiveness that I didn't think I would get anywhere, A painter friend of mine gave me some words of encouragement and told me that it's means that you are about to move up a level, still unclear if that is the case but near the end of this painting I was really starting to get into a groove and started enjoying the process so perhaps she was right, as always. Any thoughts? Oh and the title "Relic" refers to the incandescent light bulb that I can no longer buy here in Canada, which is too bad as I use them for my studio lights. To purchase this painting or for more details visit my Etsy Shop

on another note Just a reminder I am one of the featured artist at the Pazan Gallery 3 Benson Avenue, Port Credit and my work will be on display until May 21st, I will be in there on Tuesday the 13th @ 6:30 pm til 8 pm if you want to stop by and chat for an evening of art, music and refreshments at the gallery. more info can be found at pazangallery.com

I also Have am participating in the Spring '14 group show at the Tag Gallery in St. Catharines, show runs until May 17th, I have 3 pieces in the show, why not stop by and see them if you are in the area. details can be found here http://www.tagartgallery.ca/spring-14-group-show/

Cheers and have a great day
Dave
Post a Comment