Friday, April 04, 2014

Grapes with platter

Grapes with platter: oil on wrapped canvas 18" x 24" $550

 I wanted to create a companion piece to the last large painting I just completed, but this time I wanted to use more secondary colours as my theme, hence the vast amount of orange and greens off set with a little purple. This painting and the other one similar to this really look great together, pleased with how they both turned out. This one took a lot longer to complete compared to the other, I thought I was almost finished but realized my design needed a bit more work, hate when that happens, I had even drawn it out before hand, with a small thumbnail the design work but when I blew it up it just needed more. Any way all is good, lesson learned.

Available through my Etsy store click for more details

Enjoy,
Dave
Post a Comment