Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Brass Creamer

Brass Creamer : oil on 11" x  14" paint board $350

I love painting reds, especially against a dark background, just love the colour combination. I don't normally paint such a dark background but sometimes a painting just needs it. The design here probably could have been a bit stronger but I diverged from my original concept a bit, so to fill some of the negative space I choose to use colour instead of adding any other objects and it worked out pretty well. I changed my process a bit for this as well, normally I start roughing in the background and a bit of the foreground but this time I went straight for my brass creamer and the intense red reflection and worked outwards from there and then went back to the creamer at the end.

Visit my Etsy shop for more details




Enjoy
Dave
Post a Comment