Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New year

Happy 2014, I hope it is a great year for all of you.

Although sales haven't been exactly where I would like them to be, 2013 was a good year for me, my work has steadily improved over the year and even though I complain about how I struggle constantly, I do see glimmers of hope with each painting I produce, just takes time and patience. For example if you look at my last painting "Warmth" from my last post and compare it to the 1st painting I produce in 2013, I see a remarkable change.



This year I have some big plans or goals, I have already applied to a few major art events, and planning to have a solo show in the late summer early fall so stay tuned for more details. I am also thinking about taking a a few workshops this year, have a few in mind.

I have also been approached to teach a course on oil painting basics so if you live close to Mississauga why not come study with me, here are the details, Although it is a basic course I plan to include some more advanced techniques and thoughts on painting in general.

Have a great year and thanks for all your support!
Dave
Post a Comment