Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rusty

For the last little while I have been itching to go attend an open life drawing session here in town, so Thursday I woke up and decided that this was the day, I searched my house for all my drawing equipment, after an hour I discovered  everything tucked away in the basement, I used to do a lot of life drawing but finding a venue can be difficult that is close by and during times I have a available. I was really curious how I would make out as it's been years since I have drawn from a life model, The model was very animated and had some great poses, as suspected I was pretty rusty but I managed to get into it and had a pretty good night.

The placement wasn't very well thought out as you can tell but not drawing the face allowed me to focus on some shading, form and edges that I might not of worked on if I had included the head so all is good. I was pretty wore out after this one so the next drawing didn't turn out at all I was a little heavy handed from the start and spent most of my time adjusting to that and in the end wasn't very good.

Anyway I am looking forward to going again this Thursday, perhaps once I get comfortable I will bring my paints along.

Until next time
Dave
Post a Comment