Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Falling Leaves

Falling leaves 9" x 12" wrapped linen $250

I know this was a long time in coming, had a busy few weeks so I hadn't much time to paint in my studio.

I was shopping at the local art store and noticed they were selling wrapped linen supports, always wanted to try linen so I picked 1 up, really love the texture and the way the paint reacts with linen. Cost wise they are about twice the cost of canvas but worth it.

I went for a warm softer look with this painting, stayed mostly in the mid tone and kept the drawing sketchy and for the focus I put complimentary colours red and green next to each other to create a nice vibration between them.

Painting comes unframed and will ship in 1 to 2 weeks once dry to touch. visit my Etsy shop for details

Enjoy
Dave Froude
Post a Comment