Friday, August 02, 2013

Polished

Polished: Oil on 8" x 10" artist panel $200

This is the second painting of 2 the first I posted last week, I left the red cloth and just changed some objects, this was a study of reflections and how much is too much or too little, I love painting red, but try not to very often. The iridescent vase in the background was quite a challenge again, someday I might get it but not bad I suppose.

On another note, I have been asked if I would be interested in teaching an intro to oil painting class in the fall, so exciting. Everything is set so if you have never painted with Oils and always wanted to here is your chance, my goal for this is to not only teach the medium but explain the reasoning behind what makes a successful painting, like value, brushwork, design and colour relationships.  Course description can be found here

To purchase this painting please visit my Etsy shop



Enjoy
Dave
Post a Comment