Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Painting is easy, Not!

So I read this quote today, it goes

Painting is easy when you don't know how,
but very difficult when you do.

Edgar Degas

Courtesy of Kim Rempel

Case in point, for the last 4 days I have been working on a painting, and it started ok although I had to sketch out my idea 3 times before I got something I could work with.


Started working away  and things were going fine, and then for some reason, I started to labour over some elements and painted and repainted, so much so I didn't even get to finish the rest of my block in, some elements turned out really nice but i was agonizing over it so much, my wife came in today and said let it go and dismentled my still life setup. Guess she heard enough of me complaining and took matters into her own hands, then she proceeded to set something else up for me. I love her. So not exactly a wipe or scrape  but it's over.

On another more pleasant note I will be participating in the Visual arts mississauga "Art in the Park" on September 22nd this year, received confirmation the other day, should be a great event, made some great connections last year so I looking forward to the event again, drop by and say hi if you live in the area. I will post when I have all the details.

Anyway here is my painting for all it's worth.

Cheers
Dave





Post a Comment