Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sunny Wednesday

Hey, How is everyone's week going so far, we have had about a week of cold wet rainy days and the sun has finally come out today, should get out to paint me thinks.

So I am currently in a major slump right now, the past 4 weeks I think I have produced 2 small paintings, or I should say I finished 2 small paintings, I have been painting mostly everyday , I have started many but get stuck part way through and end up struggling through them and eventually just scraping them. I was on quite a roll for a 6 months or so, so I just suppose this is the process for an artist but it's hard not to take it to heart, anyway I continue and perhaps this will work it's self out and I will get back on track but for now it's quite a struggle to even get a simple cup or apple painted, almost like I forgot everything I learned to this point.

Yesterday I took a step back and decided to work on a setup a simple still life and keep it small so I am doing a 5" x 7" painting, it's coming along. I am trying to just go with it and if it doesn't turn out well that's life.

Anyway have a great day and I hope to post something later tonight.

Cheers and thanks for your patience.
Dave
Post a Comment