Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lighthouse

Title: Lighthouse Oil on 9" x 12" Masonite.

Hey so, I have finally been out on location painting, been out twice in the last 2 weeks, this is a local scene in Mississauga, Port credit harbour.  I have got together with a few art buddies and we go out 1 a week, so exciting.

Painting outdoors is quite a bit different from studio painting, light changes so fast normally I take my time getting my lighting and values sorted out but if you do this outside the scene has changed so drastically you may as well start over, not to mention the colours I mixed up came out rather dark because of how bright it was outside. Anyway the spot we chose this time is quite busy so lots of people watching us paint and offering words of encouragement.

Currently this isn't for sale as someone has shown interest in this one,

Enjoy,
Dave



Post a Comment