Saturday, June 09, 2012

Hi bloggies

I have been in a funk the last little while so no new paintings to show, not sure what it is but I am sure it will pass. Since I haven't painted in a while I thought I should post something. Anyway Last week I took all my objects that have been hanging around my studio taking up much needed space, turned out to be quite a few, into the local thrift store, kept 1 or 2 things but everything went bye bye. While I dropped off all the items I picked up 8 new ones that peaked my interest. Anyway so since it's been a while I thought I would post a sketch of some of my new objects, I set this up last week and it sitting there waiting for me to paint. although you can't tell from the sketch the colours on these objects are awesome, not sure why I haven't started this yet.
It could be I am already stuck and I haven't even started yet, so it could be there is something not working with this at the moment, guess I better figure out what it is.

My drawing skills are a bit rusty but I have begun to sketch out my ideas more and more of late so I am getting a little better but mainly I am sketching for value and help clarify so true likeness isn't on the top of my list. I find this easier for me if I do a quick sketch and figure out what may go wrong before I get to painting. Planning planning and more planning.

Later
Dave
Post a Comment