Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hey how are you all.

Hey how are you all.

Well it's been an interesting week, didn't paint a darn thing this week, just went by so fast, lots of other things on the go but not really sure what that was, I found out this week one of my paintings I entered into for the Colour and Form Society Biennial Members’ Show and Open Juried Exhibition (by the way that means every 2 years) for those that didn't know, me included. anyway the chosen piece is "Little Brass Cup" seen here. This year the show is being held at Todmorden Mills Heritage Museum and Arts Centre from May 24 – June 18, 2012.


 I have also been officially accepted into the Mississauga Art Society, with 25+ members, this gives me the opportunity to have my work shown in at least 2 shows a year which is great not only that we meet every couple of weeks to go over business and chat and paint and so on including a paint out or 2, so exciting.

Today I am at home waiting for the phone "NOT" to ring, I submitted 2 paintings to the Lakeshore Arts juried show today and if they are selected they will "NOT" call me to let me know between 5pm and 7 pm .

 Last weekend I finally went out and bought a Jullian French easel so I am finally set to get outside and paint, I am a little intimated by it however, so many questions, also the first time I go out I would rather not be watched by anyone, as I really don't know what I am doing.

Have a happy Mother's day to all this applies to.
Cheers
Dave
Post a Comment