Monday, April 02, 2012

April 2nd update

Maybe not the most inspiring blog post title, sorry for that, So the opening night at the Beaux-Arts Brampton was really nice and made a nice connection with a local artist, we have been juried into the same shows of late and finally met each other, a wonderful artist and really great person and she has persuaded me to go out Plein Air painting with her soon, can't wait, always wanted to try it.

So speaking of juried shows, I have 3 coming up that I want to enter so I am busy working away, and here is my latest painting I am working on,


Now I don't normally work on 1 object at a time, with this 1 it just looks that way, I like to work all around the painting blocking in all my shapes first sorting out values and such, but this one has been problematic from the get go, I have wiped the entire left side 3 times now and don't seem to be getting any closer to a solution, not sure what to do about it, as I am getting pretty discouraged with it. I am actually thinking about grabbing my circular saw and trimming of the left side of this one. I don't think I will actually do it but it's tempting.

Anywho, I will try again tomorrow, but first I will paint something else, something smaller to get warmed up.

Have a good night
Cheers
Dave
Post a Comment