Friday, March 02, 2012

March 2nd update

Happy March everyone, I just realized it's been quite a while since I have made a post and thought all of you may be wondering what I have been doing, well for the last 2 weeks I have had a few things going on, 1 of which is I joined a a group called "Artists looking for empty walls" here in town, it's a small group and have a few shows a year in a historical house in Mississauga called the Grange, the first show I will be a part of is starting this Tuesday so I spent a few days picking a few pieces, it's a Themed show based on Spring, so I choose a few older pieces so it meant putting them in frames, I have no idea what the show will look like but it's a great concept for local artists with no where to hang their art and apparently they do generate a lot of traffic.

We are also having some renovations done in the house, although it has been relatively quite it is happening right beside my studio which does make it difficult to paint at times, anyway there are almost finished and everything looks great so I am not complaining. That aside I did start a new painting, but have been struggling with it from the get go, seems to be the norm, of late, but I continue on.


I have been trying to figure out why I have been struggling with my paintings of late and I think maybe it has to do a little with size this one is 16 x 20, maybe I am out of my comfort zone, not to often I work at this size so perhaps that's it.

I have a question for all the artists that view this post and that is, how often do you give up on a painting and wipe it clean or scrap it and start something else? I think the percentage of finished paintings for me seems to be around 75% make it to completion. Just curious.

Anyway I must be off.
Cheers
Dave
Post a Comment