Friday, March 16, 2012

friend + bear hug = cracked rib

Well title says it all I suppose, My mate I hadn't seen in a  while,was so happy to see me he grabbed me and gave me a big bear hug, but at a odd angle and squeezed until I heard a pop, and now I am nursing a suspected cracked rib or perhaps just popped out of place either way, hurts a bit that's for sure. Luckily it's getting a bit better as time goes on but slowly.

Anyway doesn't keep me from painting so I am just about to tackle my next piece have it all sketched out, and ready to put paint to Masonite once again, liked the slickness of the surface with my last painting so I would try it again. Always good to try something new every once in awhile, helps me move forward in my work. I was reading the other day that to really excel at painting or anything else for that matter you need to spend about 10,000 hours at it, seems like a really long time doesn't it, I think I am about1/10 of the way there if I estimate so I better get cracking.

Talk to you soon
Dave
Post a Comment