Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blue Bottle final

Title: Blue Bottle
Medium: Oil on 16 x 20 wood panel

This piece is a little larger than I usually work on but it came together really quickly for a change, it hasn't changed very much from the first post the other day, however there where a few structure issues that I needed to address as well as some value changes for a bit of clarity. I love this blue bottle such a great colour, before I started this one, I was watching some YouTube videos from some artists I like and most had a similar way of painting and so I thought I would try and the way they painted, so I used a soft bristle brush for most of this and pushed the paint around and blended a little more but did managed to keep some broad brush stokes in there, overall it has a nice soft feel to it.

I have had some issues photographing this one however, as it has been raining for the last few days so I couldn't take it out to take a photo.

On another note, I am really excited as I entered a juried show with the Colour and Form Society, I submitted 2 paintings and imagine my surprise both where selected today, the show runs from November 3rd to the 25th with the opening reception on November 6th from 2 to 5 pm, so if you are in the area stop by it is at ETOBICOKE CIVIC CENTRE ART GALLERY @ 399 The West Mall, Etobicoke.


Cheers
Dave

Post a Comment