Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peaches by Dave Froude

Title: Peaches
Medium: Oil on 9 x 12 wood panel


You my have noticed I have been posting a little more often of late, still not at a daily rate but picking up steam, but still taking my time and not rushing things and really focusing on composition and values. Looking back at my paintings over the past 6 months I have noticed my objects are getting more and more simplified, not sure how I feel about this yet, have to think about, maybe something I need to consider going forward. saying that I have had a lot of positive feedback lately which is always great to hear so I won't freak out just yet. Any thoughts?

With this painting I really used very saturated colors for the peaches, just felt right at the time, really pops but time will tell I suppose. I have always been a fan of anything made of copper or brass so when this old large brass water jug crossed my path I had to snag it, sorry pops I will bring it back someday (maybe).

Enjoy

Dave

Post a Comment