Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Watermelon and peppers


Title: Watermelon and peppers
Medium: Oil on 9 x 12 Masonite

Yet another watermelon study, love the rich colors and there not too bad to eat as well. the 2 peppers are from the garden, Hungarian hot peppers, probably the hottest pepper I have ever had, although I didn't know when I tried one for the first time, good thing I was standing over the sink, as I had to drink buckets of water afterwards, still not bad got a few more to eat. I tend to paint using a 1/2 filbert brush but broke out 1 at 3/8 for this as well, felt weird. I have been working a lot lately on value, composition and trying to work in some transitional colors it's a hard fight but I am making progress, which I am really pleased with, hopefully my viewers are as well.

Enjoy

Dave

Post a Comment