Thursday, July 14, 2011

St John's Wort 2 by Dave Froude

Title: St John's Wort Flower 2
Medium: Oil on 9 x 12 Canvas panel


I started this painting a few days back, I hadn't picked up a brush for a couple of weeks for various reasons which I won't get into as it really wouldn't make very good reading so not to bore you, I had a spot of trouble figuring this one out but finally got to something I am pleased with, had some issues with values. Skills are coming but slower than I would have hoped. This will be my last painting on canvas panel at least for now, when I was at the Toronto Outdoor art expo I talked to a few painters I admired and found most where using wood panels or hardboard so I am going to give them a whirl, this will eliminate the need for frames as they are thick enough to attach a hanging wire on the back.

Anyway, I will be working a look in the next few days, but I have been eying a watermelon in the fridge, it is slowly disappearing so I better get on it quick before it disappears.

Enjoy

Dave

Post a Comment