Monday, May 02, 2011

Bottles and apple

Title: Bottles and Apple
Medium: Oil on 9 x 12 Canvas panel
 Well here it is my first ever attempt using Oil colors, what a way different animal than acrylics that's for sure. I chose to work on a similar setup to my last painting which was done using acrylics so I could get a feel for the differences, My lovely wife wasn't so big on the beer bottle I used in the last so I grabbed an old standby "Apple". I love the way Oil covers on the first coat so opaque even with a thin layer, what would have taken me several coats with acrylics went down with 1 swipe.
Anyway I would be  interested in Hearing what people think of this one, One thing that really through me for a loop was the long drying time, still trying to get my head around that.

Til next time
Dave

Post a Comment