Monday, April 18, 2011

Tennis anyone


Title: Tennis ball study
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas panel 10 x 12

Well wait can I say about this one, um it's a tennis ball, but I guess that's pretty obvious at least I hope it is. I was planning to post something a little different, but I had a difficult weekend painting, nothing was working out, I started 2 paintings over the weekend and scrapped both of them, 1 was nearly completed, I still have that one so I may pick it up again in a little while, when I forget how frustrated I got with it. I figure this is par for the course so I try not to let it bother me too much.

With this painting being a rather simple subject, I tried to create some excitement with brush strokes and color selection, kept my palette rather again with this one which is turning out to be a great exercise.

Enjoy
Dave
Post a Comment