Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blue vase and tangerines


Title: Blue Vase and Tangerines
Medium: Acrylic on 9 x 12 Canvas panel

I am interested to hear what people think of this one. I was debating tightening this one up for a bit, so I slept on it and decided to leave it as is. I agonized over the tangerines in the shadow yesterday as I just couldn't trust my eyes but went ahead a painted them they way I saw them anyway. Lately I have found working wet on wet really suits me, which can be difficult with acrylics as they dry so fast, so I have to work areas quite quickly which is a nice change of pace, everything seems more fluid. I also have a new favorite brush, Winsor & Newton makes a great #8 filbert, which is about 1/2 inch wide with tapered edges and it's all I have been using of late.

This one is not for sale at the moment, there is a juried show coming up in a couple of weeks and this one may be my entry.
 
Enjoy
Dave
Post a Comment