Monday, January 03, 2011

up against the wall

Can you believe this is my second post today who would have thought it.

Got time today to do another study in white, up close this may not look like cups, it does to me however, at a distance this comes together. I took a very graphic approach to this subject. I saw another painter do something similar  and for the life of me I can't remember who it was, anyway thought that it was a great idea so I set this one up, not quite an exact copy. White things still give me a spot of trouble but I am getting better, practice makes perfect I suppose. This composition is quite a departure for me, straight on shot and all in a line and set back a bit, but I like it all the same.

Cheers'
Dave

Title: Up against the wall.
Acrylic painting 10 x12


Post a Comment