Friday, January 28, 2011

Fluorescent pepper - Yum

Title: Fluorescent pepper
Medium: Acrylic on 10 x 12 canvas board

I thought I would take a break from my dishes phase for a while, while I enjoy the subject I thought it time to move on to something else for a while, so with that being said here is my latest still life, when I bought this pepper the other day it seemed to be it's own light source, spotted it half way across the store.

This took a little extra time as I had first set it up to take up almost the whole frame but was just to big and was looking like one big orange spot on the canvas I also adjusted the lighting as it just wasn't working, just not enough definition for my liking.

For a challenge I used 3 different colored fabrics, Blue to contrast with the yellow-orange and red for the green shadows.

Enjoy
Comments welcome.
Dave

$135 cdn shipping included

Post a Comment