Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hmmm Coffee.

I have been on a tear lately, this is my latest painting which is my 7th in the last month.

Some of which I haven't posted, as I have been debating whether or not to upload them. 1 is still in the works and  2 others I started but wasn't exactly thrilled with and just tossed them aside, I still have them and keep them close at hand for a reminder of how things can go terribly wrong in an instant.

With this painting I was trying objects of the same color range, the coffee cup is a warm white, same as the cloth almost the same colour, the jar is a cool white. The lighting is a single spot light. I thought this would be a nice challenge for me.

Although I wanted to have the objects of the same colour I thought I needed a little something so I added some coffee.

I really like this one for a few reasons, 1 is I started and finished this today, which I think is a first for me. The 2nd thing is usually I set up the still life and take a photo of it for reference, for colour and so on. today the camera was not around so I have to figure it all out on my own. 3rd is the shapes are not perfect and that's ok with me. If only my object drawing teacher could hear me now. LOL!

This is the second time I have painted this little white jar and I must say this one turned out better, still some work to do with white objects but I am getting closer.

Enjoy
Dave

Post a Comment