Monday, November 15, 2010

Painting update

Well I promised to post my latest work, but it hasn't gone as I would have hoped, for a few reasons, weekend didn't go according to plan so I never got a chance to spend some quality time with my easel and my still life dried out a little to much to work from I did take a photo before hand but didn't  much care for it, no matter. I am sure this won't be the last time this happens. I think for my next painting I will stick with something that doesn't have a limited shelf life unless I can block out a number of hours. I will start something possibly tonight of tomorrow morning and hope to have something to post soon for you.


Today I was at my local art supply store and picked up some more canvases, looked at getting some new brushes but they were out of stock of my favorite. I did pop into the hardware store and picked up a few light bulbs for my studio lights, 2-50 watt natural light plus flood lights, suppose to mimic natural light. This is a problem I was having in my studio as sometimes I can only paint in the evening and I was using some regular incandescent lights, not very flattering, so hopefully this will correct it.

Cheers
Dave
Post a Comment