Saturday, July 17, 2010

Green Apple Study

Well here it is, my latest work,
Green Apple Study
9 x 12 Acrylic

I started this painting last week, I think on Sunday, I wasn't going to post this one but thought better of it, I actually saved this one, well for the most part anyway, I almost through this out the window today, came close the window was close so it just bounced off and came back at me, guess it wasn't quite ready to stop beating up on me.

I must have painted over the left side of the apple 10 times and each time it was getting farther and farther away from what I wanted, I had a similar experience when I painted a pair last winter, maybe it has something to do with the color range of these items, I have a hard time determining the colors in light greens and yellows, I may have mentioned this before in a earlier post, maybe for my next painting I should pick something that is in a warmer color range maybe a plum or something of that nature, to get some confidence back.

Round 1 goes to the Apple. Rematch to be set at a later date.

Dave


Post a Comment