Thursday, January 07, 2010

Little Pumpkin

It's been a while since I put brush to canvas, now that the holiday's are over I can finally sit down in front of my easel, This year for the first time instead of buying my family gifts I decided to give give each of my family members a painting for Christmas, I was amazed to see the reactions from everyone, they all commented on how good they were, I guess because I look at them all the time I just see where I can improve but others take it all in and enjoy it for what it is. I suppose there is a lesson in there somewhere that we can all learn from.

I have been itching to paint again, so I set up a new still life, for the last week or so I have been thinking about what to paint, if I keep thinking about it then nothing is going to happen so I just pulled out a few objects, should have something new to post in the next day or 2 until then here is one of the paintings I gave to my brother.

10 x 12 Acrylic painting.

Little Pumpkin

I searched all over town for one of these just before Christmas, think I could fine one, looked for a week but nothing, stopped in at my Father In-laws one day and he had a small basket full of them, how cool was that. I love these little things.

Enjoy
Dave

Post a Comment