Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pomegranate massacre

I am back for a long break for painting, after my Grandmother passed away I started 2 small paintings but my cat decided to have a nap in the middle of my still life, and the 2nd dried out too fast before I could get anything down on canvas, guess the subjects just wasn't meant to be.

This painting is my favorite painting done to date, everything just seemed to gel as I was working on it, usually there is a point at which I hate what I am working on, sort of an ugly duckling stage but not this one, haven't figured out the reason though. Lately I have been looking into oils, tried a few times when I was younger but it got really messy, perhaps I try it again, means buying a whole new set of supplies.

I call this one "Pomegranate massacre" and for whatever reason I decided to give this one away as a gift to my sister, at least someone will enjoy it, rather than sitting in a pile on the floor in my studio. My goal is to have enough works to have my own show, hopefully I can manage to do this this year, in saying that I have no idea where to start, I guess I better get on it.

10 x 12 Acrylic painting.

Enjoy
Dave


Post a Comment