Thursday, December 10, 2009

Going out of town for a few days.

I was hoping to get some time this week to work on a painting but I my dear old gramma J passed away so I have to go out of town for a few days, weather isn't very good so the 8 hour trip on a good day may turn into an all day affair, hoping to be back Sunday but if the weather is not going to cooperate than it may be Monday.

Until then here is a painting to hold you over.

Still Life
16 x 20 acrylic

I call this one... actually don't have a name for this one, maybe "Still life" or "Persistence"

I struggled with this one quite a bit, the apple, cloth and background took a bit of time working with them until I was satisfied,  but the plum, took about 10 tries to get it right, I was getting a bit frustrated with it, agonized over for a few days painting it over and over which most have been hours and hours, on my final attempt it must have taken 5 minutes including mixing the colors, paint was flying everywhere, but I am glad to say my persistence paid off, I love the deep rich colors and the light blue highlights, really makes it pop, at least for me.

Be back soon.
Dave


Post a Comment